Route Planner & Journey Information
How to find us ...
The Allgäu villages Halblech - Buching - Trauchgau belongs to the rural district Ostallgäu (Bavaria), very close to Neuschwanstein Castle and Füssen, also only some kilometers away from the Austrian border (Tirol). A stunning location, surrounded by glittering lakes and imposing mountains, as well as an ideal starting point for many excursions. By the way, you need only a 15 minute trip to Halblech from the end of the A7 motorway.
Arriving by car
- The best connection coming from the north will be the A7 motorway. At the end follow the signposts for Füssen and Schwangau.
- From Füssen passing Neuschwanstein Castle (along the romantic road B17) driving through Schwangau till you reach Halblech.
- If you do have enough time and would like to have a stop to enjoy the landscape, take the romantic road B17 starting from Würzburg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber , Augsburg in the direction of Halblech.
We wish you a pleasant trip.
Arriving by train
- The nearest station is Füssen (11 km from Halblech).
- Bus line 73 starts at the main station. For the precise train and bus connections, please click here
Arriving by bus
- The long distance public bus "romantic road" (Romantische Straße) starts, for instance, from Frankfurt or Würzburg. More information here
- You can book the Romantic Road Coach here.
Arriving by plane
- Allgäu Airport
The nearest airport is Memmingen. Both national and international flights use this airport. Distance: approx. 92 km. One hour travelling time. More information: www.allgaeu-airport.de
- Munich Airport
The big hub for flights from all over the world is München (Munich). Distance 145 km – travel time approx. one hour, 45 minutes. Further information: www.munich-airport.de