Allgäu Holiday in Halblech
In Halblech, Buching and Trauchgau you will find numerous sporting and leisure possibilities – what is called the perfect Allgäu holiday. For example, backpacking, cycling and in winter, alpine and cross-country skiing.
Ideal conditions for families and individuals who are looking for a holiday in the midst of an impressive landscape of mountains, lakes and nature. A large number of sightseeing trips - with the highlight of Neuschwanstein Castle – will definately shape an individual Allgäu holiday.
Listen to the sounds of a Royal Landscape
In Halblech, Buching and Trauchgau you will find numerous sporting and leisure possibilities – what is called the perfect Allgäu holiday.
For example, backpacking, cycling and in winter, alpine and cross-country skiing.
Ideal conditions for families and individuals who are looking for a holiday in the midst of an impressive landscape of mountains, lakes and nature.
A large number of sightseeing trips - with the highlight of Neuschwanstein Castle – will definately shape an individual Allgäu holiday.
See this beautifull landscape with our panorama-webcam:
Allgäu Hiking Paradise
Halblech is ideal for those who love to hike. You will find everything you need for each fitness-level: from either a comfortable walk through the contemplative rural alpine upland, to high alpine climbs as sporting challenges.
Particularly noteworthy are:
• Mountain climbing in the Kenzen Area which is located within the Nature Park of the Ammergauer Alps. Here you will find craggy rocks and
• mountain forests.
• The mountain chairlift of „Buchenberg“ will provide a good service
• for ascending or descending the area.
• The Kenzenbus will take you easily and comfortably to the Kenzen Area and Kenzen Hut where you can start your hike.
The marvellous Allgäu caters for every different level of cyclist. Halblech visitors can cycle till their heart's content!
• Breathtaking mountainbike routes leading directly into the Alps but require a certain degree of fitness.
• with your racing bike you could choose one of those long distance routes - with or without mountain passes – always in the middle of the beautiful scenery of the Allgäu Mountains.
• Touring cyclists are welcome to a half or full-day tour with beautiful
• destinations like Neuschwanstein Castle, Wieskirche (the Wies Church), or to several idyllic lakes and typical restaurants of the region.
• Families with their children love to cycle close to the Forggensee. If one is getting too tired, the boats on the (Forggensee) lake will offer a relaxing short- cut with spectacular views.
A chairlift and a surface lift are located in Halblech called "Halblechlift" and the „Buchenbergbahn“.
There are ideal slopes for beginners and for those who haven’t yet perfected their technique.
Allgäu Cross-Country Skiing Paradise
It is a true delight – Halblech, Trauchgau and Buching offer well prepared trails (classic and skating). Neuschwanstein Castle can be reached by cross-
country skiing or for those who have still not had enough during the day: a flood-lit cross-country skiing track is inviting you for more rounds.
Allgäu Family Holiday
Holidays with children follow their own rules. You are going to find everything here that you need for a successful family holiday: spectacular lakes are perfect for swimming, safe cycle paths make for family-friendly cycle tours, exciting excursions – for instance, the forest-experience centre, the summer toboggan run or the butterfly house.
Anyway, whatever you are looking for in Halblech, Trauchgau and Buching,
you will find a wide variety of comfortable accommodation to suit everyone, (apartments, B & B, hotels). Just visit our Website – be welcome.
Royal Holidays next to Neuschwanstein Castle
We have to admit that the two castles of Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau are not in our municipal area. We are glad about this - otherwise we would need to deal with the consequences of mass tourism! But only a 15 minute drive by car takes you
to the famous Neuschwanstein Castle (fairy-tale castle) and back again to the picturesque Halblech, Trauchgau or Buching.
For an unforgetable holiday, we would suggest the scenic walking path over the impressive „Pällatschlucht“ to the Marienbrücke (Mary's Bridge) before visiting the castle. The Alpsee is waiting for you - after descending - for a refreshing swim. Enjoy it!